We are looking for an experienced studio manager to join our successful branding agency. As studio manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the production function of the agency is optimised. This is a senior role, and is pivotal to operational success of the agency.
SPECIFIC JOB TASKS
- Taking job briefs, understanding their requirements, scheduling the job, allocating the work and monitoring the production
- Allocating work to team members, based on the best fit of skills and availability
- Monitoring live jobs and ensuring they’re completed on time, to budget and the agency standards.
- Managing the capture of time sheet data into Streamtime
- Regularly reporting to mgmt. of project status, profitability, resource utilisation and agency production capacity.
- Managing the agency’s schedule and workflow, ensuring the maximum production capacity is maintained.
- Updating and revising the agency schedule to reflect changes as and when they occur
- Planning and forecasting the agency’s production capacity, identifying whether capacity shortfalls or more the need for additional resources
- Sourcing and taking on additional full time, part-time and contract resources as and when needed.
- Managing relationships with print suppliers
- Holding weekly status meetings with the partners & account managers, and daily scrum meetings with production team
PERSONALITY AND TRAITS
- Demonstrable leader. Positive, resilient attitude. Must be able to motivate the production team and become the go-to person on a day-to-day basis. Excellent delegator. Ability to see the bigger agency picture, whilst not loosing site of the detail.
- Trusted and loyal, with the ability to assume managerial control of the agency in the absence of the partners.
- Excellent and sophisticated communicator, able to use the most effective approach dependent on the circumstances.
- Good relationship building skills to forge close relations with staff and clients. Ability to manage the pressures of demanding clients.
- Commercially aware. Able to maintain the side of the agency, whilst keeping the client happy.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL
- A good first degree, ideally in a business, branding, marketing, design, or creative orientated discipline
- An excellent understanding of the creative process and what is good creative work, either gained via formal education or / and work experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of Streamtime or similar MIS and at least 3 years agency experience
- An excellent understanding of digital, particularly website design and development. Knowledge of open source platforms such as Word Press, Joomla and Magento a definite benefit.
- Experience of managing a team
- An understanding of the print production process.
- Knowledge of standard project management processes. Prince 2 qualification a bonus.
If you’re interested in the role, send an email to email@example.com
No agencies or recruiters, please. Thanks.